Let’s think about that for a minute first, why do you want to have a eCommerce website? The cost of eCommerce website design depends on many factors.
The following may match some of your answers:
- Sell products
- Grow your business
- Make money
However, if you were to ask the same question to me, my answer would be:
- Create brand awareness
- Have sustainable business for years to come
- To sell a product that solves the problem of customers
- Easily available and cost-effective products
- Convenient and quick delivery
Your intent behind eCommerce website design?
Yours and mine answer is essentially the same, however the only difference is the intent behind opening the eCommerce website.
You get the idea, right?
Once you have clear vision as to why you want to open an eCommerce store, you are already half way through saving cost in the long run.
You should be able to “WOW” the customer in first glance of your online store.
What should you discuss with your designer?
Your designer will be able to work out the cost based on your requirements.
The questions you should ask your designer to save money are as following:
- How many eCommerce stores have they designed
- Request for their demo’s or links to live websites
- How many years of experience they have
- Discuss the time frame and quality
- Don’t forget to mention any referrals if you are being referred by another person, friend or company
- The number of pages they can design with in set cost according to your budget
How much basic eCommerce website design cost?
Building a basic eCommerce store isn’t difficult, however does require a fair few hours of work to have it up and running.
You can learn how to start online store in couple of hours by following this guide on Shopify.
The basic eCommerce stores can cost you anywhere between $100–$500 and high end can be in thousands.
If you already have a website and need help setting up eCommerce store, I can help you out to save you some money.
However, if need setting up hosting and domain, we strongly recommend to check out – Ten benefits of joining A2 web hosting company
Now that you have learnt about the questions you should be asking; you can save cost on eCommerce website design.
Tell us in a few words, were you able to accomplish the eCommerce store with in your budget?