Whether you want to make new friends or start a new business, there is a mobile app for every purpose. The demand for mobile apps has increased considerably since the pandemic catalysed the digitisation of our entire world. The number of mobile app downloads in 2020 was 218 billion throughout the world.
Mobile educational apps noticed a surge of downloads since the pandemic struck. According to Statista, there were 470 million educational app downloads on Apple App Store, whereas 466 million downloads on Google Play Store in 2020 alone. This shows how immensely popular educational mobile apps became, especially after the pandemic. Now let’s see the five major ways these mobile apps are transforming the education industry in a good way.
1.Promotes systematic learning
In traditional learning, you are obligated to follow a strict syllabus without questioning. The problem is this syllabus may not cover everything that you might need in the professional field. Also, this syllabus isn’t prepared to keep all the student’s interests and skills in mind. All in all, not everyone is able to keep up with the courses covered in the traditional class syllabus. Outcome? A considerable number of students are left behind in terms of learning.
Systematic learning, on the contrary, lets you learn at your own pace and with a new perspective. You don’t have to make haste while writing assignments or perform well in a test even if you are not prepared. Take my assignment help or reliable educational apps keep everything sorted and maintain a consistent flow to help students use them with ease.
Let’s say you find it hard to study the chapter ‘Thermodynamics’ in Physics. Instead of beating yourself up, you can download a suitable educational app. Study the chapters in Thermodynamics, allotting one chapter to each day, thereby completing the entire topic at your convenience.
2.Improves interaction and engagement
Engagement and interaction between students and teachers or courses are imperative for students to learn hassle-free. Imagine having queries regarding a subject but not being able to share it with the class or professors due to lack of interaction. That way, you will not be able to clarify your doubts ever. But, mobile educational apps provide you with a user-friendly and interactive user interface.
Here are the top three educational mobile apps that encourage student engagement:
- Google Classroom is a virtual classroom (kind of). Professors can send announcements, submit and grade assignments and even ask for answers on this app. You can join your class by entering a code shared by your teacher.
- The main features of edX include video tutorials, interactive quizzes and relevant study material handouts. You can also acquire professional certificates and university credit from the courses on this app.
- The lessons in Khan Academy are available in the form of video tutorials. The narrator explains each lesson through simple drawing and makes even complicated topics easier.
Most educational apps consist of creative games that can help you conceptualise and unleash your creativity in the best way possible. There are apps that provide in-house online tutors for specific subjects. The apps such as MyAssignmenthelp make sure you can cooperate with the online tutors or clarify your doubts at your convenience.
3.Available round the clock
Your professors are available for a specific time period. You cannot get in touch with them for further clarifications once that time period is over. In simpler words, you are restricted to learning at a specific time and place in traditional learning. With mobile educational apps, however, you can learn or connect with online tutors whenever you want.
Benefits of the round the clock availability of educational apps:
- You can learn anytime and from anywhere on the planet. Whether you are unable to write your essay or solve mathematical problems, the educational apps let you find solutions instantly, which weren’t always possible in conventional learning.
- The apps also let you get access to research data and study material every day and at any time. No matter what your topic is, the apps usually consist of a huge academic database to help you with relevant research material.
- The pandemic also caused mandated shutdowns all over the world, including schools. Governments are still not encouraging the gathering of crowds to curb the spread of the COVID-19. With the apps at your fingertips, you needn’t have to head out anywhere to study.
4.Resolves communication problems
Introvert students often refrain from sharing their opinions or queries in front of the whole class. It is, however, different in a virtual learning environment. Educational mobile apps make it more comfortable for students to voice their opinions without the fear of judgement. This is one of the ways mobile educational apps help students communicate with their peers.
The pandemic forced students to study from home all over the world. In this situation, communicating with professors and classmates became quite a nuisance. Professors had a hard time keeping track of all student’s academic performances. Students found it hard to convey their opinions in real-time.
But, the mobile educational apps built a simple communication framework to help students, professors and parents communicate hassle-free. Guardians can monitor their kids’ participation in classes; professors can provide valuable feedback in real-time and create appraisal reports efficiently.
5.Makes learning entertaining
Educational apps have made learning way more fun than it used to be. Instead of reading the boring geography textbooks, the apps can help you see how the constant weathering of rocks form land or how tides occur. The apps also consist of imaginative illustrations, entertaining graphics and even games that make the overall experience of learning quite enjoyable.
From ordering foods to buying medicines, there are mobile apps for almost every purpose on earth. Education is also not left behind. Educational mobile apps not only make a wide slew of study material instantly accessible to students but also improve student engagement. You can learn at your pace without having to meet urgent deadlines in a hurry.
Anne Gill is an entrepreneur, and she has been part of significant projects over the years. She is also a custom writer, and shares entrepreneurial tips on her blog posts. At present, he is associated with MyAssignmenthelp.com, where she is the managing head.